RCU Forums - View Single Post - my girlfriend got me an Evo 50!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Patto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: my girlfriend got me an Evo 50!

It certainly could be a bearing issue or a carb issue. If the bearing is damaged, it could leak, although it sounds like you've ruled that out. I'm wondering if your cylinder head is maybe not on tight, or perhaps the backplate. Also, the spray bar inside the carb may have become misaligned and is pointing out instead of in. Do you have a fuel filter? If so, make sure it is not leaking. And, probably the first thing to do, replace all the fuel tubing.

Just because the engine is producing more power doesn't mean it's going to spit fuel out the carb. As it breaks in, it should develop more power, and it may supply slightly more tank pressure from the exhaust tap, but not enough to make it spray like you're describing. Also, by leaning the needle slightly, that would compensate for an increase in fuel pressure.

I'd check for leaks in the fuel line and engine. Tighten all the screws on the engine and see if that makes a difference. Make sure you don't have pieces of any of the gaskets hanging out.