RCU Forums - View Single Post - my girlfriend got me an Evo 50!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 10:20 AM
joizeex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my girlfriend got me an Evo 50!

thanks for all the pointers.

i had some time to clean it out yesterday and noticed TONS of fuel/dirt on the fan air-flow deflection shroud right across the carb opening. so this is consistent with seeing the fuel mostly on the head. i'll have to take the carb apart and see if everything is flush and tight. i did have to take it apart from my first crash because a microscopic piece of fiber got stuck on the barrel and made it sieze up which made the throttle servo snap the throttle horn (i'm surprised the 3151 was that strong). i'm pretty certain i put everything together the way it was because the engine runs without a hitch, but i'll look at it again.

i had the backplate tightened when i first saw all that fuel on it, i'll need to check the head too though. the fuel filter looks good, it's very clean, as all the lines are. overall everything else looks clean and tight although i still don't like the fuel near the tank plug. i'll have to test the tank in water.

if i did misalign the spray bar when i had it apart, that would explain everything. i'm guessing there's more than one way to install it? i'll take it apart tonight.

does heli tubing for a 50 class need to be some specific size? i have some OFNA blue tubing for my cars, i wonder if that'll be ok?

what's a typical 50 Ringed OS high and low needle setting for 85-90F and avg 60% humidity? it's getting plenty of lube, and 15-17min air time with hover/moving around.