RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help me choose please....!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Jester241

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help me choose please....!!!

Hold on a second here.I've built a handful of planes now,both kits and ARF's. Some trainers,some "second" planes,and some more advanced planes. I'm gonna tell you right now......if you've never built a plane before,ESPECIALLY a KIT.....you should be more concerned about what kind of instructions they come with,rather then how they fly. Most of your planes wether they be a KIT or an ARF will give you a building manual equal to the experience it takes to fly the plane. By that I mean,a trainer kit will be you VERY detailed instructions as if you've never flown OR built a plane. Other more advanced planes(that you speak of) will give you instructions "assuming" you already know how to build without going into to detail. Know what I'm saying?

I'm almost finished with my Sig Hog Bipe kit (you mentioned it). I can tell you right now,I would have been completely lost trying to built it had I not built some other kits(trainers). And this hog kit is considered to be a fairly easy build with fairly good instructions.

So what I'm saying is.....whatever you build BETTER have a Beginner set of instructions if you've never built before. My first kit was a Great Planes PT-40 and I couldnt have asked for a better instruction manual. It was the best teaching manaul I've ever seen thus far. It was also my most "beginnerish" type plane.

You may want to consider building a trainer plane first just for the added instruction while building. Or consider building an ARF first because they tend to have the hard stuff already done for you. This build you speak of just may be more about the instructions then the plane. And make sure you have trainer person fly with you rather then try to fly this plane yourself.

Thats my input ....you asked [sm=teeth_smile.gif]