RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever feel like you're stagnat in the hobby?
Old 05-16-2003, 04:58 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you ever feel like you're stagnat in the hobby?

Are you bored????

Try this with a .28 or larger engine:

*** WARNING ***

Be very observant of your throttle. This little jewel on a Magnum XL .28 BB engine will dissappear in the ether before you know it. It took 3 flights before I ventured beyond 1/3rd throttle -- who needs a Tequila Sunrise, Wholly Smoke, Diamond Dust, or pilon racer.

Airlon rolls and loops are quite tame, even at full deflection. For the most part it is very stable and I can roll and loop without care (I've seen other Pizza Box flyers that are like floppy hats in the air -- this one, because of its center support and shape, flexes very little). For a really fun time, run it up to several mistakes high and turn on max rudder deflection. This will send it into a wild axial giration. This giration does not immediate abate when you neutralize your controls and on at least one occasion it continued into the ground from 500' in front of a fun-fly crowd -- I fought for control (opposite airlon, up and down throttle, elevator, etc.) for more than 15 seconds. The upside of this episode was that all I needed to do to send it back in the air was to straighten out the fuel tank under its rubber band mounting and restart the engine, no physical damage after a 500' out-of-control dive -- that gave the crowd more gape than the flight itself.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	79039_1820.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	46411