RCU Forums - View Single Post - Badius Owners Club III
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 07:00 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

So, I decided to go through the tensor now that it's built, check the ailerons, servos rudder ele etc. First problem, it doesn't sit on the fuse at all[X(], it sits on the rudder[>:]. So a new, unapproved, dragger mod is installed and should be cured in just a minute. Then I set the sub trim for the aeliron servo and reset the linkage. I ran the rates down to 50% and did a servo check, That is very little travel, but wait, the left ailerons don't move as much as the right. What gives? The primary servo horn on that side is loose! I'll push the retainer all the way on. Nope, the foam broke. I picked up some mercury glue today so I reglued that.

That is the sort of thing I normally miss, so my not trying to fly it today is already paying dividends. I might have to fly the Bug soon though.

Tam, your flying the X-twin Mini-Bipe, correct? OK, I would strongly suggest doing the turn with out throttle mod. It is a tx hack that has you adding a couple of diodes to the board. The silverlit tx's are already good for all three channels as I recall. Channel A is the worst, it will drop signal easily, channel B is the fastest electronically, but will burn up a MOSFet the quickest. The C channel planes will go until the motors or battery gives up. Just my biased view. Some swear by the B channel planes. Did you look at the mods thread?

Tim