RCU Forums - View Single Post - Smartech whats going on with the Thuderbolt reviews
Old 06-29-2008, 02:42 AM
Cal-Torque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smartech whats going on with the Thuderbolt reviews

as for the excuses given about the reviews and not wanting to sound exactly like Foxy..well sorry guys this all sounds piss weak to me
Now, you're just being ignorant.
Please elaborate on exactly what more you would like to know. What else would you include in your review?
How much more can this unit be dissected? It's a basic flat pan chassis nitro design with a gas engine. There's nothing revolutionary about it.
I can't make up details that aren't there. And, I noted all of the issues that I've had so far, or know from my Gas Devil.
Other than not using the radio gear, I have not modified mine at all. I couldn't bring myself to wheel a rig this big and dangerous with a crappy FM radio, especially given that there were some issues with it to begin with. The mods that I reference are with my Carson Gas Devil (Titan). The core of the 2 are identical. I've given you my no-fluff commentary on it. I can go on and on about useless crap, but what's the point...

I understand your disappointment, but don't make it personal. You lose all of your credibility when you do that. It's not my fault that Smartech sent me one, and not you. I wasn't counting on it, even after they had confirmed via PM that I had been selected. I never made it public because I wasn't convinced that they would follow through. When they sent the tracking #, I was very surprised.

I sincerely hope that Smartech does send you one. I'm on your side regarding the very poor manner in which this was handled. Everything about it was messy... Don't count on them becoming super credible over night. No offense to Smartech, but they've built their business on cloning designs. Even with the best intentions, it will take time to build their brand. I had suggested a long time ago that they enter the market with a different name. I believe that they were going to use "Nutech". That's not very marketable either in my opinion.