RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Official Losi Desert Truck Thread!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 04:45 PM
clamber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Losi Desert Truck Thread!

ORIGINAL: Custnam

Clamber. You should also get a slighlty smaller pinion to avoid heat. Im running a VXL in mine with a 15 tooth. But I have a custom 8 cell pack I made. To test the slipper, heres what I do. Take the car out to the street WITH the tool that fits the slipper nut. Loosen it about a half turn. THEN..... From a dead stop hit full throttle, if its slipping youll hear the motor spinning for a sec BEFORE the car gets up to speed. THIS is called slippage. If it doesnt then loosen a little more and continue. If you get it too loose the car will slip alot and can overheat. Its a matter of trial and error. It should only slip for a second, then when it finally catches the car will get up to full speed. Its just like in a real car if you have your foot resting on the clutch too much, the cars rpms will rise up without the car moving. Same principle. If you have a way to record, you should get it set, then make a video with a clip posted here or you tube. Myself or someone else can tell you if its slipping right. But its more important to HEAR the car then see it so make sure you get good audio.

Hope this helps, and no more broken parts!!! At lease not from curbs!!!

Ok, so Im about to go do this. So Ill set the car down in the street and loosen the slipper nut a half turn. Then pull the trigger full throttle and for a second i should hear the motor running but it wont move and then it should take off. Is that correct. I only want it to slip for a sec though right? How do I know when its at the right slippage?