RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carl Goldberg Sukhoi SU-26
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:58 PM
dashunde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carl Goldberg Sukhoi SU-26

I'm envious. I've been thinking about building/buying (arf) that is not really a 3d machine.
See, I can fly 3d/high alpha pretty well... but my high speed/pattern stuff is shameful.
I need a plane that forces me to be smoother and to develop higher speed pattern'ish skills.
And I really like SU's!!!

Yea, ya know, I just think that the virtues of electric power would be lost on that plane, and it would be twice as fun on glow for far less money, same could be said for a 26cc.
I love glow, mostly because it enables wide-open passes time and time again without nary a concern for throttle management, try that with e-power.
And more to the point... I'm never going to build ANYTHING that needs a $300 BATTERY! (insert cuss words around this area)
For that money it better have finely machined parts and make a nice noise instead of being a foil bag full of nasty chemicals... I'll have none of it!!
My limit is 2500mah packs and 40oz planes... cost effective and way over-powered. Good bang for the buck there.
(sorry.. rant off)

All things considered, that SU looks like a VERY good candidate for a small gasser. The 26's don't really make alot of prop-hanging power, and that SU doesn't have the surfaces for it anyway... so why not? Perfect match.