RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Buyers Guide
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Metallover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Buyers Guide

ORIGINAL: Deftones123

I guess that is your opinion really, only reason you like the neu motor better is beacuse a mamba size can isnt a favorite in vendettas because they tend not to much to great with them, the motors you mention about being better for brushless are motors used in airplanes, motors that tend to have higher speed ratio for props thats why they may tend to be better, they werent designed for car use, im not trying to state a arguement but there is no solid facts here that they might be better besides better torque/low end, which isnt always a good, think of it this way, a 5.0 mustang car stock isnt all that fast, good torque low end but on a 1/4 mile track only does about 87 mph, a early 90's dodge dakota pickup with no low end and torque will beat it on a 1/4 mile.

I do give you props, there is alot of great information here, just dont agree with you on some of the motor stuff
I can see your point. I guess I can say I am highly biased against mamba sized motors. But with the Neu motors, they have giant torque AND huge top end. In that vid the vendetta must have been going 50 miles an hour when it wheelied and he couldn't even get it to full throtte most of the time. I have an 8500kv Neu motor and the torque is unbelievable. I was 30 seconds into the first run when the internal gears in the rear diff broke. I got it up to 2/3 throttle at probably 50mph when it wheelied and cartwheeled like 20 times into this guys lawn. I'm not trying to argue either... I'll change the mamba motor info in the first post. I can see the mamba motors being good for 1/18th onroad racing. But don't get me wrong I am still biased against them.

I guess I already took out most of the mamba stuff. I do give them props though. They did start mainstream brushless in cars.