RCU Forums - View Single Post - EVO 9 pulse width
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Jason Arnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO 9 pulse width

Hi Mike,

I need a little help with my EVO 9. I'm using the radio on precision aerobatic planes. I have noticed that my neutral on elevator, rudder and aileron varies slightly when the sticks are moved to each end point and back to neutral. This is obviously a problem when trying to fly accurately as it's like having constant trim changes... At first I thought it was a servo centering issue but have subsequently eliminated that. I set-up a 5955TG on a piece of ply and attached a 12" piece of carbon rod to it's control horn. The thinking is that any error will be amplified by the length of carbon rod... Anyway, at the end of the carbon rod I made a pencil mark on the ply to indicate center. When I move the sticks to either extreme I get variable centering accuracy. It can be up to 1/8" variation at the end or the carbon rod... If I plug the servo into my HFP on manual mode the center is 100% repeatable so that eliminates the servo. I then plugged the programmer into the Rx to measure the received pulse width. As it turns out the servo is only following what the TX tells it. I'm seeing neutral variation of up to 5uS which explains my variable neutrals. Is this problem fixable or is it related to the quality of the plastic gimbals? The gimbals seem to be a little flexible.

It should be noted that I'm using the long sticks and the spring tension is set to maximum.

Cheers
Jason.