RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just started a homemade rc car!Need Help
Old 07-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just started a homemade rc car!Need Help

ORIGINAL: Giorgos_cupra

It is going o be an on road car.With 4 front kart wheels,if it's not overkill.It is going to be chain driven and rear whel drive.

Foxy,thanks for the info!Nice to see a fellow from Greece.I don't live in Athens.I live in a town 200km away from Athens.But i come to Athens every 2 weeks.I think zenoah is a little out of my budget for just the engine.Well if it is brand new.Maybe a used one in good condition would be perfect.I'm going to a friend of mine tomorrow who ownes a shop which has many motors to check them out.Would it be to heavy a 40cc motor?Foxy you have pm

Lars do you have any pics from your rc?I would like to see it
Here's some of the pics,I have many more pics from the beginning of the project too.Wheelbase 535 mm,and width 420 mm.As I said,this is a Jonsered 45 ccm chainsaw,on which I removed the handle and the sword.Bought it used at a Jonsered dealer and in good condition for about 40 euros.Whats the size of the kart wheels btw?If you are going to use them with 1/5 body I think they will be too large.Are these wheels anything you have lying around?If you are going to buy them it will be a lot cheaper with 1/5-wheels,you can get then barely used for almost nothing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71953.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	981985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80637.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	981986