RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pull start rebuild
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
FISH KILLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull start rebuild

Anybody have a suggestion on a replacement pull cord material for a trx pull start? I replaced it once with regular old string and it only last one night. Due to my "custom exauhst springing a leak around the port it melted a small hole in the pull start housing and melted the original string and it snapped. The string did not melt but it broke off at the pull handle. I tried some braided fishing line but it snapped on the first pull. I looked at academy and all they had was too large in dia. to work. I like to fix things myself so not looking to buy a new one just yet. What could I use for a new pull cord?

Oh and for those interested my header is constructed out of 3/8 copper tubing and heat shrink for a tight seal. No more $20.00 headers[:'(][:'(][:'(] I have only put about 2.5 gallons on my latest engine and she sreams like a scalded ape. Wheelies every time if you punch it too hard froma slow roll. She has been holding a tune since break in. Temps are about 225 - 260 depending on if I keep it wound out up and down the straights a whole bunch back to back. Good smoke and steady idle. I don't plan on exploding this one anytime soon. The old engine is still being ran by my bro. The head is now sheared completely off just above the glow plug. Still has great compression and runs around 220 degrees consistently.

I also put on the long travel rockers and I like them allot. Coupled with 60 wt oil and the blue and silver springs it handles everything great. Makes for a nice mix of high speed corningand lifting the wheels out of the apex and handles the rough stuff great. I do adjust the spring preload when doing allot of jumping though. Anyone else run them and like them all around?