RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pull start rebuild
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Mspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pull start rebuild

Fishkilla, careful about too much preload on the springs, it can have a tendency to bend shock shafts easier. It puts more stress on the shocks when the shafts are further out at their least supported position. Got a pic of your exhaust, i would be interested. Been looking for a really good fix for the revo exhaust breaking problem. I have done the side pipe with a big block, was fun, but now I got a nice Charger body and dont want to cut up the side of the body. I have a wing to protect the head and use the O.S header with springs. Using the buku with it mounted down below on the frame. Machined a custom alum. L bracket to hold it to the frame then it goes up to the hanger. I use the old tekno wing mount with proline wing. I use zip ties to hold it back against the bumper for extra reinforcement. Works ok but want something that can really take a hit in the rear like the side pipe set up and nothing moves in or breaks. The tie rods and steering links tend to just transfer the energy to the next part you connect it too. Any innovative ideas welcome.