RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pull start rebuild
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Mspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pull start rebuild

I converted to box start for my jato's and roto for my revo. I would end up charging batterys often to keep a good day or two of bashing for my glow ignitor. Sometimes I would have to check the glow ignitor to make sure its got good batterys or you sit and crank crank and nothing. Then you find its just a blown plug. So was thinking of just going out and buying those C cell ignitors with gauges on them to tell the story real fast. But one day ended up trying to start a old motor of mine that had about 5 or 6 gallons on it and wouldnt start for the life of me. Tried brand new batterys in the glow ignitor and everything. Tried a new plug. Nothing. Next day took my ez start tested the voltage at the plug ends and it showed 1.7 or so volts. Thats more than a reg glow ignitors 1.2-1.5 depending on if your using a rechargeable one. So got some long wire connected the wires to my standard ignitor and used a rubber band to hold the button down on the wand and connected it to the plug and the motor fired up. Could of been flooded too, but have been using my ez starter for a long time now and I like it so much better than any standard ignitor with just reg rechargable batterys. I even have the other two motor wires on the wand hooked up with a terminal for a 7.2 volt. So if my battery dies in my roto I can get a jump off that same battery in my ez start wand. I can easily see if a plug is blown by the light not turning on when its connected, as the battery charge wears out, I dont lose my ignitor power till the very end, I can see if there is a loose connection at the plug by the light, and it ignites cold plugs with no issues, no more low power problems. Lot of guys might have never run into issues with rechargable ignitors yet or if they have they just dont know it. If my wand ever breaks, I would not hesitate to go out and buy a new traxxas wand just to have a reliable ignitor even for all my non traxxas stuff. It effectively eliminates the ignitor power and system as being a problem in hard start situations.