RCU Forums - View Single Post - TQ / Shenqi Hummer ?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 07:42 PM
davido666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TQ / Shenqi Hummer ?

I just bought one on ebay and mine is still running fine. Just give it a once over when you get it. My truck was missing one engine mount bolt so I ran over to the hardware store and bought one. I won mine for $305 on ebay plus 109 shipping. The only problem I have had is the rear drive shaft that turns the differential was not spaced right and the bearing on the inside of the truck fell out. The bearing support for the clutch bell bearing and drive shaft was not made correct. The bearing hole for the drive shaft was to deep. I have a new one on order from duratrax but it is on backorder. I had to reshim the shaft and set it up for now. I found that some of the set screws were striped that hold the gear on but I fix that. Most of the duratrax firehammer MT parts will fit the truck. I have heard that it is the same plant that make both trucks. My LHS can get me spare parts for it from duratrax. Also watch the C clips that hold on the spur gear and clutch bell gear. The metal is soft and when I put the clips back on the fell off. I just got a set of harder c clips instead. I have order the upgraded duratrax two stage filter and I am going to replace the one that came on the truck. It does not seal that well around the carb and it can let dust in. The engine starts very easy and runs great. I just run a good 2 cycle amsol oil with the gas. I like the battery holder that came with it. It holds 5 double A batteries. I put in five 2100 nimh cells and use my recharger to recharge the pack. I used electrical tape aroung the pack to hold the cells in. Look on www.towerhobbies.com for firehammer prices of the parts. The parts are a good price. I added a failsafe with the stock radio that I had kicking around. Later I want to install my DX2.0 radio when I have time. I took my truck out with some guys who have FG's and HPI baja's and I kept up with them and went home with no broken parts. I figure for what I payed for the truck I can afford to buy spare parts and still be ahead. My LHS sells the duratrax firehammer MT for 999.00 Canadian and when you add tax to that I made a great deal. So far I like the truck and I am happy with it.