RCU Forums - View Single Post - BEST LOW-WING 2nd PLANE
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 01:03 PM
flyX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEST LOW-WING 2nd PLANE

If it's your first build, the 4* is easier to build and REPAIR. There's no carving

The wing's front airfoil is not sheeted so if you crash it ..you don't have to re-sheet.
It dosn't look as purdy on the ground..but heck once it's in the air you can't tell.
The wing is actaully pretty darn strong...That's the only part I have of my 4* .60 is the wing...after i burried it 4-5 times.

I actaully hate wheels on wings..due to storage and transport. The darn wheels sticking out of the wing
cuase hanger/transport rash.lol You know...you take 2-3 models flying after a while.
And you can't stack the wing in closet to hide it from the Mrs. Becuase you told her you only have 5 models...plus the 5
other models she dosn't know about.lol
Anyway, you can mount the wheels on the wing. Just angle the gear to where the axial is even with the LE.

The other problem I had with my SS was...yeap, it lands a little bit hotter than a 4*
The wire langing gear will bend after a while. Then I cracked the hardwood gear mount block and mounted the gear on the
fusealge away.

I don't have problems with cutting down the 4* canopy, installing taller gears, wheel pants, removing diahedral, clipping the wing...bascailly bashing it.

The SS is sweet, but I wouldn't recommend it for a first build. GP kits are nice too. Pre shape LE/TE ...sometimes even with slots for them.
I actaully use some of GP techniques to modify how I mount the 4* tail to the fuselage.