RCU Forums - View Single Post - TQ / Shenqi Hummer ?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 05:46 PM
mbe301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TQ / Shenqi Hummer ?

I've run mine for over a month, average 15-20 min a day. No big problems so far (besides a head bolt that was 2mm to short and snapped out, if I hadn't caught it, probably would of wrecked the engine, found a few others that would be problems but easy fixes) But I also checked everything over a few times (a must, true of most RTRs). Still a good deal IMO. I can get a tuned pipe, head kit, steel pinion, a few other goodies, and still be less than the Firehammer. The radio is probably no good, but I've got my spektrum in it (didn't trust the stock radio enough to even fire up the engine, throttle twitched everytime I turned left) If you like to work on them, buy the TQ. If you want to actually run it almost right out of the box (should still check all screws etc.) get the duratrax. The TQ body is pretty bad and will most likely break the first time you roll (or broken in shipping and UPS can buy you the backup shell). Fibreglass tape and goop fixes that. Keeping in mind the TQ's quality control will be lower than Duratrax, you may get one well assembled, you may also get an almost complete pos... So save some money (with risk, possibly lots) and get TQ or pay more (with peice of mind, better support from staff at LHS and Duratrax replacement program) and get the Duratrax. So ya, clear as mud.