RCU Forums - View Single Post - CX2 servo linkage
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 05:31 PM
snobelt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 servo linkage

About a week ago JPEE, Helistyle, Blue cnc, Soloboss and I had a thread going about moving the servo linkage of the CX2 to the second hole instead of the default first hole. Soloboss suggested going to the HOWTO WIKI web page for info on exactly that topic. The info was authored by "friends of RC Universe". If you go there you will see, under para #12, an article called "Clack is Wack". Read it. I did move my servo to the second hole and the CX2 flew great, with plenty of power. I ran a couple of batteries through it in a mild breeze and it handled great - - - until - - I needed to stop forward flight as I was approaching a tree too fast. I pulled full back on the stick and then heard the dreaded Clack. All four blades shattered. No, I did not hit the tree. The upper blades made contact with the lowers. Fortunately the heli was only a foot off the ground so no other damage besides the blades. I just wanted those of you who are interested to know that the WIKI author knew what he/she was talking about. Today I replaced the blades (and servo arm positions) and also took the advice in WIKI about balancing the CX2 blades before installing them..I was surprised at how much difference there was in out-of-the-package blades - and how easy it is to correct that. It does make a difference. My CX2 is quieter and flies smoother than it ever has.