RCU Forums - View Single Post - CX2 servo linkage
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 08:31 PM
soloboss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CX2 servo linkage

Snobelt,
Thanks for the good words. I do what I can. As I said in the article, just between you and me and 20000 others listening, I'd go with the flybar mod first. Many find that they don't need to move the linkage. I never did. Most others do. Get happy. It's your helicopter. And you can keep moving that weight inboard as you get better. Expect that you will find a place where the weights are so far inboard that you can't control the helicopter, but just before that point the little bugger will be quite athletic. When you get to that point, spin it up quick and go fly 'cause it won't hover.

Yep, you do see heat shrink. Good catch. I wanted just a little more weight for the way my CX was set up - and I wanted the black-out look to include the weights. So I figured heat shrink is the way to go. Works fine, by the way.

A word of caution is also in order. When you decide where you want the weight collars, it's a good idea to use a Dremel and put a little divot in the flybar rod so the set screw of the collar has something to lock into. You DO NOT want the collar flying off at speed.

Something you might try. CF tube is really tough but the fibers that make up the tube run lengthwise - like bamboo. You will eventually whack something that will split the CF tube. And usually it splits at the inboard end next to the plastic center thing. You might want to shrink a quarter in long piece of sleeve at the inboard end of each CF tube, just to make it really tough.

And that's one pretty CX2 you have. Very neat and tidy with the nearly invisible flybar. Of course you can paint the flybar and CF tube if you like. If you clearcoat it, it goes invisible! LOL
And I like the full body. I always thought that the CX handled better with the full body on it, but I went with the boom because I kept breaking the tail section doing . . . experiments, as I recall. And of course the majority changed to the boom because - you guessed it. The heli handles better with the boom. The boom is less susceptible to side winds. Whatever. Be happy.

Have a ball with the CX and don't worry about the folks moving to the single rotor helicopters. Most guys do move to the single rotor helicopters eventually. And most of us still have our CX / CX2 sitting, ready for duty. Glad I could help!

Big Happy!
Soloboss