RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting into 1/8 scale nitro
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 PM
rpg711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting into 1/8 scale nitro

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

You can get a [link=http://www.holeshothobbies.com/servlet/the-6/Caster-Racing-ZX1-dsh-R-RTR/Detail]Caster Racing ZX1-R[/link] for $400. They are great RTR's out of the box and can be raced easily with them coming with CNC Machined aluminum shock towers and radio plate. The Hyper 7 has all pressed aluminum which bends alot easier. Also the Pivot ball front suspension is very durable and does not break as much as the C-hubs in my opinion. The Caster also has alot more suspension adjustments for the hinge pins settings and other settings too.
It looks great, how does it do on the track?Does it dampen enough to get over the doubles part of tracks?
I want one that will last like 2 years(the mechanical parts, not the a-arms or things like that) without breaking, since I'll probably own one for 1-2 years before selling it off and buying a competition-level kit. I just don't want to trash something really expensive when i'm just starting
Surely they handle much differently than micro rcs, so it is a huge transition for me.