RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting into 1/8 scale nitro
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 01:22 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting into 1/8 scale nitro

ORIGINAL: rpg711

It looks great, how does it do on the track?Does it dampen enough to get over the doubles part of tracks?
I want one that will last like 2 years(the mechanical parts, not the a-arms or things like that) without breaking, since I'll probably own one for 1-2 years before selling it off and buying a competition-level kit. I just don't want to trash something really expensive when i'm just starting
Surely they handle much differently than micro rcs, so it is a huge transition for me.
It handles awesome on the track. I am a driver for Caster and I race this buggy every weekend and run sometimes twice a weak and it holds up great. The thing is fast on the track. If you just add the center and rear CVD driveshafts you practically have the kit version except for the difference in aluminum which the RTR comes with 6061 and the KIT 7075 aluminum. Did I mention the RTR shock towers are 4mm thick!! Hardly any RTR comes like that. It will last along time and made extremely well. Check out the Caster support forums at [link=http://www.holeshothobbies.com/servlet/the-6/Caster-Racing-ZX1-dsh-R-RTR/Detail]caster racing support[/link] Tons of info there.