RCU Forums - View Single Post - DIRECT DRIVE TAIL ROTOR
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 03:18 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DIRECT DRIVE TAIL ROTOR

Fricken Tail Motor Crap!!!

Went back to DD to try to get some quicker response. Using a GWS 3x2 prop, I bought the new V3 tail piece and mounted with the prop acting as a pusher (like the stock v3). The motor ran hot, but I continued. After the second flight the motor quit. See video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weG51use9R0

Tried flipping the motor over along with flipping the prop, but it still pushed air only the prop was running backwards. After the above accident, I installed a spare GWS motor and prop and reversed the wiring to make it a puller so the air would flow over the motor. Worked accept the prop would not stay on! Every time I bumped full power on the tail, it would fly off and bounce around the basement. Tried some super glue, same result. Decided to go back to pusher prop and before install I dropped a spec of oil on the bushing.

We'll see...

I've got a spare tail motor with a gear on it, but it was acting a little weak so I'm shy of going back to gear drive tail blade. A change is needed for improved performance, but which way to go. Brushless tail motor, belt drive tail, or should we wait for the shaft drive mod to come out in September??? AAarggghhh!!!![:@]