RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A is a lot of fun... doh I forgot!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1/2A is a lot of fun... doh I forgot!

Since the past 3 or so summer I have been so busy with other things (in my modeling, that would be jets, IMAC flying and my Fly RC work) I have let my small planes (I have a number of .02/049/061/.10/.15 powered models in my fleet) take a rest.

The other night, spurred on by my testing of the two CS 061 engines, I took out my LCB (the carbin wing I built for the 1st RCC 1/2A design competition) and my Ace Whizard for a test run.

The LCB, which has one of my three VA MKII RC engines on it fired right up and flew awesome! I had forgotten how sweetlyit flies out of a gentle underhand toss and really whips around the sky.

I put three flights on my WHiz, powered by a DIckeybird TD 049. The plane actually can taxi out on the grass, get enough speed to take off and I landed under power and taxied back to the pits, to the amazement of the other guys flying their .40 + models (some of who were complianing the grass wasnt cut short enough! )

I am readying my little TD 020 stick to get flying, and some of my other models. I guess I had forgotten how amazingly FUN flying small planes is.

AJC