RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini MGT Clutch Issues
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini MGT Clutch Issues

Ok well I just got this truck and was running the first tank break in. Several times during the first tank the truck would stop and the engine would rev up. I would let the engine come back down to idle and then the truck would engage again and move.

I am assuming its a clutch issus, I didnt get above maybe 10mph and it would do it when I hit a bump.

Any other ideas? Maybe slipper? The engine ran great, got to about 200 degrees on the first tank. I am currently letting it cool down then I will look around with the clutch/slipper or wherever else someone suggests. Stink I am having issues already on the first tank.

There are a couple things that baffle me on this truck, the shifter button is too close to your fingers and too easy to hit. Its a really bad spot to put it for a switch that doesnt take much to press. A rocker switch like the traxxas TQ3 would have been much better. Also the linkage for the throttle/reverse is a pretty bad design. I am having major issues getting the truck to brake without having it close the carb more than its closed at idle. Not a big deal but a pain none the less.