RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini MGT Clutch Issues
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini MGT Clutch Issues

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

Well igf teh carb closes all the way when you hit the brakes you need to adjust the idle screw more. As for the revving I would assume its going into neutral. This could be teh reverse linkage not being adjusted right. I have a MGT 4.6 which did the same thing. It would go inbetween rev and forward and not move. I had to adjust the linkage to keep it in forward. Yes the reverse button on the remote is in a bad spot. I no longer have reverse because of that reason.
Well I adjusted the forward reverse linkage and had no problems on the second tank. The engine runs great so far.

But as for the other linkage when I hit the brakes it doesnt completely close the carb but when you let off the throttle the spring wont push the carb against the idle screw. When you hit the brakes it closes a little bit further. Its not enough to stall the car, but I am going to get a throttle return spring from a different car, one that wraps around the cooling head to pull carb fully closed and ditch the stock one. Should work and be a cheap fix.

Thanks for you help man.

Jason