RCU Forums - View Single Post - looking for heli
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 08:44 PM
dodgemcopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking for heli

I started off with a Walk 22e and it near turned me away from heli's, then I went back to basics, I bought a cx2. Got borred very quickly with it and instead of chuckin cash at it to make it do more I emptied my wallet on a King 2 and a Walk 4#1, after 200+ flights with the 4#1 it is now dead but I replaced it with a HBFP. Looking back IMHO the cx2 could have been skipped as coaxal/fp/cp are 3 very different designs of helis, its like learning to fly again after each upgrade and the only thing I learned from coaxal is orientation. The 4#1 helped me learn controled hover and forward flight, it also helped waking my dead brain up as its no where near as lethargic as a coaxal. As an added bonus the head design design with 4#1 allows it to pop off, Im not sure if its just a cheap design on Walkera"s part but after lots of crashes including a few kick ass head ons lol I never BROKE a thing. It is this practice that allows me to fly my HBK2 without crashes, I have a sim but only used it once, found it easier to learn on the real thing. I think you could learn to fly any helicopter but it just comes down to $$$$$$$$$$, they are designed to fly and land without crashing......its just finding one that can crash for less cash[ I have had RC boats, cars etc but soon found out when something goes wrong they don't just stop and sit there waiting for you to go pick it up like boats & cars.......heli's come DOWN next time ya got your RC car out and it stops grab it and throw it as far as ya can in the air, that will give an idea of what your up for lol. Go the FP regardless, you'll have a ball, you can chuck em round and they are super cheap and easy to repair.....plus you don't spend hrs setting up again when you replace a broken bit as you do with CP.