RCU Forums - View Single Post - WARNING HELIS ARE NOT TOYS!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 07:41 AM
polkchop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING HELIS ARE NOT TOYS!

After flying for around a year and a half I knew better than to do this,but I simply got too confident in my self. This is to anyone flying,and,or getting started in helis. Last night I was going out for a flight in my backyard right before sundown. I have done this like a million times,and my neglect caught up to me. I had plugged up my T-rex and had the throttle down. I then set the heli on the couch with the controller beside it while I was putting my shoes on,but as soon as I layed the radio down the idle up switch got hit which then I was trying to recieve the radio from beside the heli when I put my finger through the tail blade due to adrenline,and not thinking. I now have 11 stitches of knowledge,and have a lesson to tell all new comers. Be carefuls around the machines. I was the only thing at fault last night. Now I cant fly for atleast 2 weeks,and have hospital bills that there was no excuse for. Always double check your machine,and your remote,because one mistake is one too many. I came out lucky because it could have been a lot worse. I just hope that maybe my story will help somebody be safer with their helis.

Brandon