RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airfoilz RCU Extra 260
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 PM
RamboSmurf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airfoilz RCU Extra 260

Help!! I just finished my Extra 260 Build and had its madien flight. Here are some problems I can't figure out. I have wing rocking in slower flight and harriers. Back and forth and back and forth. I drew a line at the end of the wing in the middle and did the same on the aileron to line it up straight. When I moved the CG back some it lessened but was still there. As far as slow flight. I read some people had this plane flying super slow. Mine would go slow but always a danger of a stall and some times it would roll left over. I trimmed it out and it would fly straight and true at lower speed and high speed but I was limited to hovers for 3D. I put in the 2 washers under the left side to give trust as per instructions and the plane is built straight. The motor I am using will hover and has enough power to pull out, but not scream out. As far as power I am running the BP A2217-9 Brushless Outrunner Motor (Similar to AXI Gold 2217/20) (No. of Cells: 2 - 3 Li-Poly, Kv: 950 RPM/V, Max Watts:200W, Weight: 73.4 g / 2.59 oz, Poles:14, Model Weight: 300 - 1000g / 10.5 - 35 oz.
Prop SF 10x4.7, 20AESC, 1500 3Cell
Built plane came in at 25oz. with all equipment.
I am used to my flat plate smaller Foamies so maybe I'm just being stupid and this slow speed stuff, but I read that some say it flys so slow the can walk behind it. Mine I need a track star. Its flying more like a pattern plane than my other 3D's.
Should I trya differnt prop to work better. I have a Park 450, would that be a better motor? And why the wing rock? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
RS