RCU Forums - View Single Post - Range of Spektrum's AR6100 Receiver (don't make the mistake I made)
Old 07-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Rockomo_mi1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Range of Spektrum's AR6100 Receiver (don't make the mistake I made)

I just recently had a bad experience with carbon fuse and the 6100e, The receiver was inside the my Sky Sergio electric glider of which I had just changed over to the AR6100e. I flew into an area where it tipped over nose down (elevator), then proceeded straight at the ground in lockout. I was high enough, and got control and straightened it out for about 10 seconds or so... headed it back towards me and then it happened again.... straight into the ground destroying the glider. This plane had 100 or so flights with no problems 72 mhz. I did not do a low power range check (JR 9303 spektrum tx) before I flew, that might have saved the airplane... It did fly fine for the first 4 minutes, but I was flying in a different area at the field when it went in.

If you are planning on a glider with a carbon fuse, please surf the internet and get a good idea of what you may be up against. I'm a little disappointed with JR, as they do not seem to stress the boundary conditions of their receivers for different installations, my conclustion is that carbon fuses cam make a big difference with the receiver inside. The installation had one of the antenna leads taped to the receiver along the bottom of the fuse, the other lead was throught a hole in the side of the fuse, sticking out. I will only use the 6100 in my foamies (has been working great there), probably what the receiver was intended for... but not clearly stated from the JR (I appoligize if I have missed something).

..Rock..