RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alpha 40 Trainer
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Indy Park Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alpha 40 Trainer

Walkin,
I trained with the Alpha 40 last year and I found it to be a great trainer. The evolution engine runs well out of the box, and the plane is very forgiving. I would recommend you epoxy the horizontal stabilizer instead of using the bolts. The instructions for epoxying the stabilizer are listed in the build instrucstions as optional. The only knock I have heard about on the Alpha 40 is the wire landing gear. I purchased my plane used from someone who had aleady upgraded the gear. The issue seems to be a concern with the gear bending on hard landings. You can also save yourself some money on rubber bands by keeping a small sandwich bag of baby powder in your field box. When you are done flying, drop the used rubber bands in the powder to absorb the fule residue. I was able to get four of more flights out of a set of rubber bands using this method. As you can see, there are many opinions on what is best in this hobby. I would recommend you find a good instructor at a local field and listed to his or her instructions. Also, listen to the experienced flyers when they are talking amongst themselves. You can learn a lot that way and if you find an idea that works for you, try it.
Good Luck
Indy Park Flyer

Hangar:

Hangar 9 Alpha 40
Texas RC Planes Explorer L