RCU Forums - View Single Post - HENG LONG OWNERS ONLY THREAD!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 02:43 PM
madbadger

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: HENG LONG OWNERS ONLY THREAD!

it tell you what im thinking of doing, getting a steel rod more than the full width of the tank base (idle wheel to idle wheel) and making a solid axle that runs from one side to the other. Then thread both ends so i can run nuts on both sides which will hold the idle wheels in place. Find the perfect alignment with the tracks/front drive sprocket, and shim with small washers between the body and idle wheel. Then I will have to file/grind the nuts until they are small enough to fit inside the inner idle wheel, once that's sorted i will cut off the protruding thread close to the nut, then tap around the thread to burr over the ends so the nuts cannot come loose. i think that would stop the idle wheels flexing on the body (as they do) because there is strength the whole width of the tank base. To stop my track jumping off was so easy, i don't think i needed to put the metal suspension arms on, i just pulled the idle wheel further away from the body. It must be 5-6mm gap between the idle wheel and the body, but its worked!!

I think i bought these track adjusters prematurely, don't know if im going to use them or not

Kev