RCU Forums - View Single Post - Smartech Thunderbolt Video 2 with some jumps...
Old 07-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Cal-Torque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smartech Thunderbolt Video 2 with some jumps...

Funny how it's the supplier and retailers that have an issue with my comments...
I've been in retail management for 15 years. If a supplier came in and told me what my price HAD to be, I would kick them out of the building.
I understand that there are different circumstances in this industry, but the core of the free market is that you can buy and sell as you please.
It's absolutely terrible that a supplier would come on here and not only be public about a price fixing policy, but try to justify it. I have no respect for you.
As far as cost, Redcat is also made in Asia, and obviously has comparable costs (physical and R&D). They're under $1000? Are they just taking less margin? Or, is it a go-to market strategy to destroy the competition? I don't know, but that's the reality of the market that you need to deal with. You should also consider that HPI isn't far behind... They will own the market if you don't get a foothold now.

Smartech, you can have this thing back if you like, or I can forward it on to someone local that is going to post you a glowing review. PM me with details. What do you think you're going to get by having more pictures and vids on here? You keep asking Foxy for more, and he's bent over for you already. I've given you the critical points that you need to address, but you think that you can get credibility by just being here and giving away a few free RCs. I was one of the first people that BOUGHT a Titan, and started posting positive comments about it...even though local people were laughing that I bought a Smartech. I appreciate that you're trying to get better, but you're going about it the wrong way. Spend the money, and hire a company that can help you with marketing, etc. Foxy's an awesome source of knowledge, but he's not an average consumer. It may have been better if you had let Duratrax manage it until you had the resources to do it properly.

Angel, you're invested in the situation, so I take your comments with a grain of salt. The third diff is a waste anyways because it's not sealed, or have an adjustable mechanism. I replaced mine with an FG carrier, and that cost about $200. And, I'm not b!tching because I don't have the extra money to spend. This is also not a debate about local shops vs on-line. Regardless of where I bought either truck, the price point should be under $1000. I'm all for local support, but none of them will deal with Smartech because of the terrible reputation with the Traxxas clones.

ok, I've PO'd enough people for 1 day, but I can't help but be honest. Fire away. Look back on this a year from now, and you'll see that I'm right.