RCU Forums - View Single Post - Smartech Thunderbolt Video 2 with some jumps...
Old 07-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Smartech Thunderbolt Video 2 with some jumps...

ORIGINAL: Cal-Torque

ORIGINAL: Smartech Racing

The Price of original Thunderbolt should not be less than $1150 this moment, the 900$ retail is not accept by our company, we will check out the retailer who sell thunderbolt on ebay ($900) then stop offer our product to them or who sells to them.
Wow...that's brutal.
I HATE company's that try to control pricing. It's none of your business.
I know that Foxy is highly respected here, but I very much disagree on the pricing advice.
Unless you are going to be a very high end RC (pro version, etc), the market should be around $1000. Largescalers have just gotten used to paying too much. If I can buy an LST2 with a great radio system for $600, there's no reason that a super size version should be twice the price. The physical difference in cost should be minimal.
Consider the new Redcats... I just received mine yesterday. It's a better unit, and under $1000.

Otherwise, the suggestions are spot on. You also need a huge improvement in customer support.
Also, Cal, note that I pointed out that a retail of 1400 means it would actually sell off the shelves for less. If Nelson wants to try to control that, he's welcome to try in the bounds of what he can reasonably and legally accomplish. Nothing ever sells for SRP, and I was bearing that in mind, when I wrote those prices. I would pay $1000 on the nose for a Thunderbolt in it's original RTR form, and would not feel ripeed off, that's the truth (I might even stretch to 1100, I think it's a good product). I would raise that a couple hundred more for the better body, the centre diff, a better steering servo and a good engine.

As for the Redcat, I don't have one on my hands, but I bet it's swings and roundabouts, some better features on the TB, some others on the redcat. One thing is for sure, and I agree with you, that Smartech needs marketing assistance.