RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS Tiger Moth Motor Mount Broke!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 12:47 PM
mefly2
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Tiger Moth Motor Mount Broke!

Jason, your motor mount problem is a common one, and also easily fixed. You can cut the old one out CAREFULLY, and install a new one made of spruce or basswood...don't worry if it is a bit over-sized, just carefully sand it down to fit in the motor.

My tiger moth has been broken MANY times...the final time I hit powerlines and the fuse snapped in three places... . Go to http://www.ezonemag.com/, go to the forum and do a search on "Tiger Moth"...expect to spend most of a day reading about mods and fixes for it. I strongly suggest you do the flying wire mod...works great... .

Your TM is a great little plane, just spend some time reading up on it and do some of the mods, and it will last quite awhile. BTW, Probond polyerathane glue is great for glueing foam...squirt some on a piece of cardboard and mix a little water with it, it will foam up and fill in gaps, etc.

Also, a 7-cell NiMh battery pack will add a lot of power, and it weighs half as much as a standard GWS battery...you can get them at aeromicro.com . Also, I seen your post about the Pico Stick/Slow Stick...I'd take the $$$ and fix up the TM before I'd spend it on one of them.

Good Luck...!

Bob