RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flyzone Sky Fly
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 08:31 PM
eghershey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flyzone Sky Fly

I'll try to get a picture of it soon but the above post is really much the same as I did, probably a bit more professional than mine. I too did the Z bend and used the holes at the top of the servo wheel for the tail rudder and the same tab that exists on the tail rudder. I just drilled a hole pretty close to the tail itself to give me maximum movement.
On the tail wing flap I drilled a hole in the "bottom" tab that goes thru the wing and used the bottom of the wing for control instead the top tab as it should be. To do that I had to connect the Z bend on the piano wire to the "bottom" hole on the servo. This gives me more than enough throw and movement to the tail flap.
The piano wire flexes a lot but even with the flex there is more than adequate throw. But I crudely took a length of soft "bailing wire" and gave it a couple wraps around the rod that goes between the fuselage and tail and let it extend just beyond the piano wire. I made a simple tight loop on each end of the bailing wire and the piano wire goes thru it easily. I added some glue to the wrap and it seems to be holding very well....probably until the first hard landing (or do we call that a crash?). The piano wire is connected to the tail flap and rudder with the little cable clamp thingies that are shown in the previous post.