RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Member looking for advice.
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 07:07 AM
AnthonyD08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member looking for advice.

Hello Everyone

My name is Anthony and I've been thinking about getting involved in this hobby for sometime. I recently achieved something rather large at my job and as a reward, I've decided to join the area club do some research, carefully make a choice on a boat / radio and go for it!

I was at a pond last night in my area where a couple of fellows were running their machines. One had an incredible tugboat complete with lights and sounds, and the other was running an electric speedboat which absolutely flew!

I asked them all the improtant questions, how much it costs to start up, how durable and what to expect, where the local club is and when is the next G2G.

The guys were very friendly and offered answers to all my questions. The best part was my wife was with me and she approved! :LOL:

So here's the questions.

Where is a good place to learn the most about RC boating. Which types of motors to run, nitro, jet, electric etc... whic type of boat is best for a beginner?

What are the best cost effective ways to jump into this world?

where do I start? I'm excited, but lost at the same time.

I should also add, that I own nothing, I'm starting from scratch and I'm prepared to put up $1500.00 CAN to get started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys.

A.