RCU Forums - View Single Post - -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 09:33 PM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

ORIGINAL: windowlicker

the nut thing might be the only thing you have to do then, because the G3.0 is a rotary carb, you have to set it up so there is maximum horizontal travel as it rotates. You might find that it is moving diagonally or vertically instead of horizontally. If I'm confusing you, you will understand when you loosen that nut and move the carb around
Hey Windowlicker,

If this is the nut(pic below) then it did not work. I might just have to do that mod you told me about. I ran the truck today for the first time and it's surprisingly quiet compared to my Revo 3.3 with it's Resonator pipe on it. I will tell you that its a rocket off the line. Temps on the engine reached about 250* and I tried to richen it up. I bought an A5 cold plug and I might throw that in and see what happens. Temps here in FL are about 100* where I am. It was about 90 when I ran the truck. I do have a problem though and it might just be that I am not used to the dynamics of a stadium truck but when I turn in an acceleration the leading front wheel comes off the ground and the truck turns on 3 wheels and I lose ALOT of steering control. I did notice that the truck's front end it a little higher than whats pictured on the box. I am going to look at the front end tomorrow after work.

I am open to any help you have.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83481.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	994413