RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Monsoon Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Swamp3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcats Monsoon Thread

ORIGINAL: mcraig8377

i cant get my monsoon to run when i prime it it will run wide open and then just dies i noticed that it is not getting any fuel in any of the fuel lines truggy is brand new would appreciate some help on this subject!
Check the gap on your carb should be around 1mm/check the trim on your radio too. If that doesn't work then I'd check the lsn and hsn be sure they are set to factory(and adjust accordingly after that). One other important thing is check for air leaks fuel lines, gaskets loose engine bolts and so on. I had similar probs with my monsoon and it had like 20 tanks though it and the problem was a nasty air leak but check the carb gap first. And is your fuel fairly new I also had a problem with some fuel once that got hot in the sun and sortta did the same thing.You can also do the pressure test by blowing into the fuel line to see if fuel is making it into the carb. Tke the line off of the carb then blow into the fuel line off of the tuned pipe if you don't see fuel then we an go from there.