RCU Forums - View Single Post - -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 03:34 PM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Hey the engine I believe is fine. Remember when I took out the hot A3 plug after the heat spike and put in a cold A5 and the engine would not stay running? Well, I reinstalled the A3 hot plug and the truck ran fine as if no damage occured thank God. I ran it around and tried and tried to get the engine temps to stay around 250* I had good smoke and it sounded nice and throaty. I could not keep the temps down below 260* so I reset the needles to factory and installed the A5 cold plug again and could not get the engine to stay running. I had to rerig the throttle linkage because I think the set screw(which is stripped in the hex) moved on the holdback piece. I eventually got the engine to stay running and took it out and drove it around. It sounded terrible at max throttle would not accelerate good at all and was very boggy. I figured it was very rich now because of the cold plug and started leaning it out and eventually got it to run better. I think I have some more tinkering and tuning to do but I definiatly want that cold plug in there. It is too hot and humid here in FL to be screwing around with hot engine temps.
There was no evidence of a seal leaking or bearings leaking anywhere, it was dry as a bone around the engine.

I do have one question though. Why is the tubing for pressurizing the fuel tank longer than the fuel line to the engine from the tank? On my Revo 3.3 it is the other way around. Doesn't all nitro engines and fuel systems run in the same principal?