RCU Forums - View Single Post - -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 04:15 PM
nitro rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

i have questions about durability about the firestorm. First, remember a few pages back when i had to send in the truck to HPI for repair. Well they are just sending it back today. They idled 3 tanks so far which is good so we don't have to spend forever trying to do the first start. So we will have it by mid week next week. Anyways, my bro will mostly be racing the storm against my tmaxx on our backyard track. It is a decent track, you can see a pic in my gallery in my profile. For example, if i take my tmaxx off our track jumps, which are about 5 feet from lip to landing, 2 in a row of those, it launches bad sometimes and will land on one wheel and be fine. If the firestorm does this, will it break an A-arm becuase the front end doesn't seem very strong. Or my tmaxx will land on its two front wheels or back two wheels. i feel lik if the firestorm does this it will break the battery box. I just recently cracked an A-arm on my tmaxx, the first part breakage after 2.5 gallons, very happy. I would like to hear how hard you bash or race your storms and also what you have replaced so far. Also, what are your experiences on a track with the firestorm.