RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flaperons
Thread: Flaperons
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Flaperons

Flaperons can be A lot of fun. I started using them A long time ago on my fun fly planes to help give me A bit of an edge in some of the events. I had them set up on A switch like most people do.
I still have an old fun fly plane, A Mid West Hots with A YS 1.10, maybe A bit of over kill on A 60 size plane but it just adds to the fun.
I have my flaperons slaved to my elevator on this plane. I have A Futaba 9-C and as I recall it's A three step process to do this. I have to use my instruction book on every set up I do because I can't recall them all. That has bitten me A few times too, can't always remember what switches do what to each plane.
Anyway, this set up allows me to hit A switch and it turns on my flaperons, as my elevator goes up my flaps go down. You can set it up to go either way too.
For even more Plane Fun another old guy that writes for RC Report named Ed Moorman likes to do his A different way. {sorry about that old crack Ed } Some of the things Ed does with A plane sometimes scares me but I usually try them anyway, A few close calls but what the heck. Ed likes to set his up as spoilerons and sets them up to his throttle. As you start to slow down the flaps go up into spoiler position and the plane will start dropping to just about anyplace you want it. I have been trying to figure out how to set my plane up so I can do it his way and mine?? Just way more thinking then I can do at one sitting!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63523.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	997264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34074.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	997265