RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 05:31 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

[8D] taran, some useful information that I shared on the SC thread could be useful for new warbird pilots. ( see post #6897)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_43...tm.htm#7774595

In checking thrust angles I noticed that the Spitfire seems to have significantly less right thrust (as viewed from the pilots prospective) than my Piper Cub. This may explain why my Spit requires a little rudder trim tab adjustment (I cut the trim tab and it is held in place with some clear packing tape) deflected to the left as well as the application of a little "Plumbers Putty" stuck to the underside of the left wing tip. These trim adjustments allow my ailerons to trim out equal for stable level flight.

Practice sessions will now always include a few landing approach maneuvers to become "one with the controls" including optimum trim adjustments under different flying conditions.

It's a little embarrassing to admit how I had my prop/spinner mounted. I did not have the back two nuts locked together. Thankfully, the locking compound on the spinner nut did hold but was uncomfortably loose when I just recently disassembled the prop mounting system. I actually had a nylon ring between the back two nuts with the remaining nylon ring between the nut and the gear housing. Except with my wobbly spinner described on KILLER SPITFIRE thread this system actually worked.

Just for fun I cut one of the rings in the middle, saved the other half by first taping it to some clear packing tape to minimize the chance of loosing it, and then putting in the package with my spare spinner, and am now enjoying a smaller gap between the spinner and the front of the "engine" compartment.

One last little question - The X-Port Advantage page in the parkzone Charge-and-Fly"Park Flyers brochure that came in the box with my Spitfire says that the Sonic Combat Module, ". . . temporarily disables the motor of other SCM equipped planes."
Has this been changed so much that a "shot down fighter" has to land?"

WARBIRDS ARE ON THE MOVE!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.