RCU Forums - View Single Post - GEE BEE R3 RACER??WOW!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: GEE BEE R3 RACER??WOW!!!

I'm considering drawing a full size set of "builders" plans of the Gee Bee R-3. I'm thinking 72" to 80" in span.

I would like input from other fellow modelers that also have interest and would like to build this model.

Input in model size for engine choice has to be determined.

If I receive a large response, I'll design the plans around the most "agreed" upon size model.

I can offer copies of the plans and also a complete set of graphics for this model.

Certainly I will not copy the model 100%.

I feel the rudder area and look can be improved on. So can the ailerons and their total area. I'd also like to find fiberglass wheel pants already available from a supplier, in the required shape and size. Time saver and would be easier.

I can build, without effort, a fiberglass cowling. However, for a supplier, to make the production of many of them, will require committed interest from others. A bunch would have to be ordered. unless you have the ability to make your own cowling. Not really a big deal to make one actually.

I won't and cannot spend the time to design and draw plans for myself, let alone produce a "bangup" set of great graphics for this particular model. Especially when no plans are being offered. Are plans offered?

So, I hope there's interest because I would like to have this model.

If anyone's interested, you can E-mail me direct at:

[email protected].

E-mail me if you have interest. And please keep in mind that this cannot happen over night, but it can happen.

Thanks,

Charles

www.cfcgraphics.com