View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 09:59 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC Guys Super Decathlon coming

ORIGINAL: Hill202

Barry,

Did you have any trouble starting the FG 36? Mine can be hard to start the first time.

Thanks
Yesterday it started OK by closing trottle and trim, ignition off, and pulling through 5-10 revolutions, then ignition on and it would start after 5 or so solid flips. First flight today and it started fine this way, but on the last 3 starts I resorted to a starter after 10-15 flips. I may richen up the idle just a touch to see if that helps.

On the rudder-aileron mixing, it has some serious proverse roll coupling to overcome..I tried a R-Ail mix and it needs a fair amount (10-20%!), plus there is some positive pitch coupling. Basically I just fly it through by hand as I found the amount of mix needed varies dramatically with airspeed...after the 4th flight it only bothered me on takeff, with the amount of rudder I needed in the strong crosswinds it would immediately take on a 10 degree bank as soon as the tail came up...not pretty. I did make a 3% aileron to rudder mix and that seems OK for coordinated turns at pattern speeds, but is not so much that you have to fight it in rolling manuevers.

The SD does make some of the prettiest stall turns I've ever seen....Figure M's at a 20' starting altitude looked sweet.

Barry