RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scary maiden
Thread: Scary maiden
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Brokenprop
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scary maiden

I really appreciate this discission. I used the link above to the CG calculator. If it is to be considered, the recommended CG for this wing planform is 3.95 inches from the LE for 30% and 3.375 for 25%. Neither of these is anywhere near the 5" specified by the instructions. Craig-RCU was OK with his at 5".

I have several chargers and have discharged this pack on an AccuCycle to check it's capacity. However, I did not do a range check with the engine running as Inewqban suggested. I will do that before I attempt aviation again. The other thing that is unknown is the reliability of the receiver. I got it from Condor Model. Not the one in Canada. It is one of those 72 MHz units that is suppose to recognise the transmitter and be very immune to interference. I haven't had it in a plane before.

Today I purchased a FAAST reciever for the plane. That should eliminate at least one unknown.

I thinking that a full tank of fuel should have off set any tail heavyness that early in the flight.

I have increased the throw on the elevator and removed a couple ounces of weight from the tail. I'll try it tomorrow if it doesn't rain.