RCU Forums - View Single Post - please help me build my first nitro plane!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:53 AM
outdoorhunting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: please help me build my first nitro plane!

That would be a lot better choice. If you go back to the "trainer page" at Nitro, check out the "high wings" they would be the best choice. I know they're not as cool looking but they will last you longer & are a little easier to repair. The way it's explained to me was, the fusalage being below the wing will make the craft always come back to right side up & tends to keep it there. A thought just came to me. If you are set on a "low wing" I don't know what kind of radio " TX" you have or will get. If it's a computer TX that you can set the expo on, you might consider & I know a lot of the guys will say I'm crazy. Hanger 9 Twist 40, with the TX set correctly for a beginer would make an excellent trainer. It will fly sooo slow & is quite a mild flyer when the expo is set. It's very easy to see, easy to land & very cheap to buy. As you improve your abilities, all you will have to do is set your expo a little more agressive. The Twist is one cool looking plane !!! Check it out @ www.horizonhobby.com go to sport size 40 & scroll down to the Twist. Good luck