RCU Forums - View Single Post - HENG LONG OWNERS ONLY THREAD!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 04:36 PM
madbadger

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: HENG LONG OWNERS ONLY THREAD!

Hi, i have checked the motors they both seem to have the same resistance through the gearbox and the gearbox turns freely. So i don't know what caused the board to blow, i did get a small rock stuck in the idle wheel of the track that is tight....a friend of mine said it could be the tight track that could have caused it. He knows a lot about electronics he is going to install the new board for me and test it with a scope!! (what ever that is) he said it will tell him what the board is doing and maybe be able to repair one of the blown boards as a spare. I will see how it goes, im not convinced that it will last, i just think the boards are cheaply made and are not up to the job. Looks like i will be saving for a tamiya tiger.....god knows how long that will take. I'm just wondering if the metal sprockets, idle and metal tracks will fit the tamiya tiger??? at least i will be able to salvage something, if not i may put it on eBay...its a shame like i said i like the tank, ive always admired the tiger tank as my late farther was attacked by a unit of tigers in WW2, he always used to tell me about there tremendous power, Ive only ever seen one in my life, but will make a trip to the Bovington tank museum again to see the tiger running.

i will keep you posted
Kev