RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebastiano Silvestri new F3A plane
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sebastiano Silvestri new F3A plane

Good points all around. I love seeing these planes show up at the field. We have about 5 Oxai models flying at my local field. They are superior in so many ways. They all seem to fly very well too.
A lot of Pattern planes today have real sex appeal. They are sharp and they fly so darn well. The quality of the planes is bringing new people into the sport. I feel like we had a bunch of real ugly planes in the 90's and I think that in itself hurt pattern. I mean look at an old Finesse or a Sequel or a Joker. I didn't like the looks then and I think they look even worse now.
I think pattern had cool planes in the 70's with many models being revisited in SPA and BPA. I remember as a kid going to the Nats when it was a combined event. My favorite event was the static judging of the stunt control line planes. Man were they sharp! They had the best builers around back then. Oxai planes remind me of the control line stunt planes. To me it's like looking at a Ferrari. These planes whether you can afford them are good for the sport. For the rest of us we have really cool planes too. Some of the best planes at the Nats were homemade. It can be done and it's important that we still have guys who are willing to build. We can't afford to lose all the skills needed to make planes. Mike