RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mystery 1500mah LiPo, anybody else waste some $$
Old 08-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Druss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mystery 1500mah LiPo, anybody else waste some $$

I think you guys are missing some of my point... first of all, no 2200mah 25C batteries cost $150, even the TP extreme v2 is $80 (that's pretty much the most expensive). You can get air thunder, kong power or outrage; all very good batteries, for around $50-$60. I realize that's still more than the others but I've never had one puff on me, they also stay balanced much better and I'm going to guess that I'll get more cycles out of them.

I don't use crappy electronics in my helis, even my king2 and belt cp have either JR or Futaba servos in them, and I'm not going to risk any of my helis, house... etc. to save $30. I can understand that a new person to the hobby doesn't want to spend a lot on batteries but unfortunately, it's usually true that you get what you pay for.

Just as a note, I've owned 6 mystery and other lipos and every single one of them has puffed on me. I also own 4 GE Power batteries and 1 of them came with a dead cell. It just is not worth my time to deal with these issues.