RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebastiano Silvestri new F3A plane
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 05:00 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Sebastiano Silvestri new F3A plane

Yes, lots of very cool pattern airplanes available these days!
I seem to remember that the Formula 1 pylon racers were seeded based on finish. I'm glad I never had to judge either the C/L stunt planes or the Pylon racers!
I just wish there were more kit building choices in pattern. I asked Troy Newman about the possibility of Oxai selling their airplanes as kits (since they are all wood they had to start out as a 'kit' at some point). He had already inquired and provided me with a very detailed rational for not doing it (mostly, they are afraid of kits being finished and sold by 'amateurs' as genuine Oxai orginals). I understand the issue, though I would think something like serial numbers in the Oxai built originals could eliminate any confusion. I still love to build as I started back in the '60s when that was the only option! Admittedly, I haven't used silk and dope in a few decades , but it is a great feeling to produce a top quality pattern ship that flies as good as it looks! I wonder what would happen to pattern if the B.O.M. rule was enacted[X(].
-Will B.